SCNA TRAVEL CORNER|
Travel Menu | So Cal Beaches | Hot Springs | Hiking | Other States | Cruises | Foreign Lands
1. Take US 101 north of Santa Barbara Between Hope Beach and the UCSB campus.
2. Turnpike Road exit south (toward the ocean)
3. Left on Hollister Avenue
4. Right on Puente Drive (becomes Vieja Drive) 3/4 mile
5. Look for parking when you see Mockingbird Lane. IMPORTANT! Mockingbird is a restricted street and you will be towed if your park there; park on Vieja Drive.
6. Wear shoes for the long walk (about a mile)
7. Walk uphill on Mockingbird until the cul-de-sac terminates.
8. There is a barricade on the left with private property warnings but use the gap for pedestrians, and continue across the mesa to the edge of the cliff. There are stairs/path cut out of the cliff that start near the Eucalyptus grove.
9. The stairs/path is steep, but easy.
10. After you descend the steps and are facing the ocean, the stretch to your RIGHT is clothing-optional/nude. Stay on this north/west side of the trail or you may be ticketed when law enforcement does their periodic walks down the beach on holidays and busy summer weekends.